The library at Bristol Zoo Gardens has just launched its own website which you can access here:
Some of the courses available at SGS college are based in full or in part at Bristol Zoo, here is some information that will be useful to you if you want to use it:
Who can use the Library?
The Library is open for Bristol Zoological Society staff, trustees, volunteers and students on site.
If you are a student, please carry your student card with you.
When you come the first time, please bring proof of your address and photo identification card with you, so the Librarian can create your account.
General public can access the Library on prior request. Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to come to the Library.
Access to the Library
The Library is located in the Institute of Conservation and Education Centre: See the zoo map. It is on the first floor on the left. You can use the maps displayed in the building.
In the Library, you will find:
- More than 5,000 books, proceedings, essays, study books, conferences reports about animals, horticulture and conservation
- A special collection for students from South Gloucester College Library
- approximately 5,000 issues of journals, magazines and zoo guide/annual report. Example of journals you can find: Folia Primatologica, Zoo Biology, International Journal of Primatology, Conservation Biology, Oryx, Animal Welfare
- Wireless Internet (register required)
- A quiet place to study in the middle of Bristol City Zoo
- A friendly Librarian to help you!
Staff, volunteer and students can borrow:
– 10 items, for 1 month
We ask visitors to use the library as reference only. If you have a special request for a material please send an email to: email@example.com
Return, Renew or Reserve material
You can return your items to the Librarian when the library is open. At other times, there is a book return box situated outside the Library.
You can renew items an unlimited number of times, however special conditions can apply, please see Library regulations for more details.
If the item you require is on loan you can reserve a copy for when it is returned. You can reserve items by using this website, please see How to use the Library website? for more details.
Fines start one week after an item becomes overdue and continues to increase until the item is returned or renewed. A maximum of £0.50 per item will be charged per week. Please see Library regulations for more details.